Re: 3rd ova series...

to <tenchi@ML.usagi.org>
from "Tenchiken" <tenchiken@narf.com>
subject Re: 3rd ova series...
date Sat, 1 Apr 2000 16:10:14 -0800
----- Original Message -----
To: <tenchi@ML.usagi.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2000 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: 3rd ova series...

> I haven't read anything of his. (There's a good reason for
> that:)
>  But I don't really care for his handling of the Tenchi series.

*snort* You just threw out half of the Tenchi OVA series.

> the second OVA stepped around Mihoshi and Ayeka. I like some of

BS. Aeka gets the Aeka/Sasami scene in OVA 8, Mihoshi is constant
in the entire series. Gee... Mihoshi was gone? Seriyu would probibly
disagree with you.

> what he did with Washu, but c'mon, Ayeka and Mihoshi were gone.
> Look back, they could have done the entire second OVA without
> them and it wouldn't have changed much. I understand it is hard
> to juggle so many characters at once, but I'd at least like to
> see the main characters have some role in the series.

What makes this entire rant hipocritical is that you like Negishi
who single handidly reduced Tenchi Muyo to the Ryouko and Tenchi series.

> I had not heard that. Perhaps he would have written it somewhat
> differently to satisfy the people who found it too distant from
> the original OVA:)

> Still want Hasegawa to write... I think the best parts of TM!
> has had her hand in it. Plus, in my opinion, she writes Ryoko
> better than anyone else.

Ok... you apparently don't like Zero.

> > Justify your opinions, or don't make them.

> I have stated my opinion on why I want Negishi to direct many
> times. I like his directing style. It seems to be a bit more

Which is?

> dynamic than the other directors who have worked on the series.

How so?

>  I also wouldn't mind seeing Kimura direct the next OVA as well,
> for similar reasons.

> Why? People say "I want Hayashi" all the time without
> explanation.

I think that if you check my posts I have never really not been
verbose about why I think Kajishima and Hayashi and Kuroda
are the only ones who can get TEnchi right.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs