Re: 3rd ova series...

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from nik <light_hawk_sword@yahoo.com>
subject Re: 3rd ova series...
date Sat, 1 Apr 2000 14:41:58 -0800 (PST)
--- Tenchiken <tenchiken@narf.com> wrote:
> > I am still skeptical. I have heard for a while that a
> director
> > is being sought after...
> >
> > As for what Kajishima has been doing:
> > Watching LOLITA, HAMLET, DELIVERANCE,and all the other
> > incestual/perverted movies he can get his hands on. I hope
> that
> > Hasegawa writes the next OVA. I have problems with Kuroda.
> He
>
> Like? Namely? Have you ever read his work? If not... be
> quiet....

I haven't read anything of his. (There's a good reason for
that:)
 But I don't really care for his handling of the Tenchi series.

> > tends to forget who Tenchi is:) I think he gives  Ayeka and
> > Mihoshi the shaft on characterization as well. I would like
>
> Really given that it is the only series that has ever gotten
> it right?

the second OVA stepped around Mihoshi and Ayeka. I like some of
what he did with Washu, but c'mon, Ayeka and Mihoshi were gone.
Look back, they could have done the entire second OVA without
them and it wouldn't have changed much. I understand it is hard
to juggle so many characters at once, but I'd at least like to
see the main characters have some role in the series.

> > see Hasegawa or Kajishima and Hayashi write the next OVA.
>
> Kajishima works with Kuroda. If Kuroda or Kajishima is picked,
> chances are that the other would tag along (given that Kuroda
> refused to write MNE because Mr. Kajishima was not involved).

I had not heard that. Perhaps he would have written it somewhat
differently to satisfy the people who found it too distant from
the original OVA:)
Still want Hasegawa to write... I think the best parts of TM!
has had her hand in it. Plus, in my opinion, she writes Ryoko
better than anyone else.

> > Still want Negishi to direct... too bad he won't since it
> isnt
> > UNIVERSE.
>
> Justify your opinions, or don't make them.

I have stated my opinion on why I want Negishi to direct many
times. I like his directing style. It seems to be a bit more
dynamic than the other directors who have worked on the series.
 I also wouldn't mind seeing Kimura direct the next OVA as well,
for similar reasons.

>this is just flame
> bait.

Why? People say "I want Hayashi" all the time without
explanation.
nik

Search field Search string

archive list