Re: CN and tenchi

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: CN and tenchi
date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 15:09:52 -0800
Tenchi MP wrote:

> hmm this was my animenation uptate .. seems CN is really geting into this
> anime thing =P

Downside to this is that the rearrangement of their Saturday night /
Sunday morning schedule will leave some shows like Robotech, G-Force,
Voltron, and Thundercats without time slots AFAIK (not that I'll be
crying over Thundercats).

> --Tenchi and Cartoon Network Buzz--
> http://animenation.com/animenews.html#00030101
>
> Tenchi fans rejoice! Toonami will be expanded to include Tenchi
> Muyo, among other series.
> --
>
> im all for this as long as they stop editing crap. I guess the midnight
> showing thing works prety well but thats stupid that its on saturday night

Well, it can't hurt to write to them; that's what I'm planning on doing.
It's encouraging when a company reponse isn't just a form letter.

BTW, you talk about CN editing stuff. Aside from replacing show
openings with their own home-brewed openings, I'm not aware of any
instance where CN edits a show except for time reasons. Did I miss
something? (Or do you think that CN just won't be able to resist
taking swimsuit competitions out of certain episodes).

Anyway, about the Saturday night thing...it's kind of a pain if you
have an 8-to-5 job and you have to fight to stay awake and watch what
you want, but DBZ at least is shown on Midnights M-F. If Tenchi is
perceived as being popular enough, it might get a comparable time slot.
And if not, well, that's what programming VCRs is for.

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited