Re: <OT>Computer question. HELP!

to <tenchi@ML.usagi.org>
from "Lord GrrDraxin" <trimax@crosswinds.net>
subject Re: <OT>Computer question. HELP!
date Sun, 2 Jan 2000 14:28:44 -0800
> From: replicant <replicant@northstate.net>

> Hey guys/gals,
>     A friend dropped off an old computer of his for me to try and get
> working,
> but I am stumped. It is an old KLH 286/12mhz computer. It gets to the
> BIOS
> screen and asks for a password, but when you input the password it says
> it
> is incorrect. It uses Phoenix BIOS version 3.10.01 and I have no real
> idea of
> how to fix this. Please help me get this
> archaic
> thing running again for him. Thanks.
>
>  replicant

Well, I think that if you remove the BIOS battery, that should wipe out the
password, however you will have to reset the drive specifications if the
password has been wiped successfully.

Lord GrrDraxin, Master of the Greater Relm
"One who's power is crippled, is as weak as the rest."

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs