Re: completely ot question

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from replicant <replicant@NorthState.Net>
subject Re: completely ot question
date Sun, 02 Jan 2000 12:31:34 -0500
> From: Cav

> *claps hands* I'm glad someone else sees this :). Final Fantasy 7 was what
> caused me to lose interest in the FF series. FF6 is quite probably my
> *favorite* game ever made period. FF 4 is not far behind.I loved the FF
> series. Now it's about graphics and insane magic spells that do 9 billion
> damage and what not. The fact you couldn't skip call animations in FF7
> nearly caused me to return the game on disc 2. By disc 3 I was so tired of
> it I just wanted the game to end so I wouldn't have to watch one more
> freakin' call animation. I hear FF8 is better then 7, so I might look at
> it, but I'd rather just replya Lunar : Silve Star Story. Now *that* is a
> game :) .

I think that FF7 had a decent story and some interesting characters.
I have a friend who just got the FF Anthology and I am waiting for
him to finish it so I can play FF5. I love the older FF games and like
you almost returned 7 early, but decided to persevere and finish it.
In retrospect I should have returned it. FF8 is not better than 7. It is
is another game that due to long animations, silly side stories, and
battles that last too long make you feel as if it is a burden to go past
the second disc. It is a technological marvel graphically, but it does not
keep your interest long enough to merit finishing it. I only beat it,
because
I am a glutton for punish and have the horrible character flaw that I
can't quit playing a game until it is beaten. Lunar is awesome. I beat the
first 2 on SegaCD and I loved going through Lunar:SSS again. Lunar 2
should be out on PSX by the end of March if the rumors are correct. I
for one cannot wait.

replicant
Holy Knight of the Knightly Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
Programmed Protector of Ryoko
Prodigal Son of Nobuyuki

replicant presents MAZE*The Mega-Burst Space
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Lights/6036/index.html
(Soon to be the most informative site about MAZE on the internet!)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs