Re: DVD PLAYERS RULE!! not entirely ot! =P

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Tenchi MP <TenchiMP@gate1.tomatoweb.com>
subject Re: DVD PLAYERS RULE!! not entirely ot! =P
date Wed, 01 Dec 1999 02:05:20 -0800
At 12:48 AM 12/1/99 -0800, you wrote:
>What model did you buy?  You may also notice the abscence of commericials
>at the beginning of tapes and lack of tape hiss.

i got a toshiba. Ya i loved that! i finished the 1st lodos war disc, and
that was one of my favorite things =P i hated sitting through the 10 min
ads at the front of the dvd =P one thing i didn't like though was that it
didn't play the intro and ending after each epp

>$120 bucks?  who the hell pays full price for their videos(in the
>USA)?  The only places who sell videos at full prices are Suncoast and
>certain record stores.  Even stores like Best Buy and Circuit city will
>discount at least 20% off SRP.

err... i get most of my stuff at suncoast =P and i have a LOT of tapes..
i'll have to count them but theres probably over 100

>I have a friend who is a major anime friek who buys too many videos.  He
>got sick of paying full price and realized that a DVD with tax cost $32.48
>at Suncoast while DVD's from www.dvdexpress.com cost $21.49 with
>shipping.  After several DVD purchases it's easy to see you pay about 1/3
>less and get the DVD to your door before the release.  For every 2 DVD's
>you buy at Suncoast you can buy 3 at DVD Express.
>
>If you really want to milk the online companies, you can get DVD's for
>$6-11 bucks a piece.
>Andy....

yes but try exchanging screwed up discs =P its a MAJOR pain in the ass.
From a store you just drive back and exchange it

-Tenchi MP
"All I could do was run. There was nothing I could do, I was just a
child"-Shinji/Neon Genesis Evangelion

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited