Re: DVD PLAYERS RULE!! not entirely ot! =P

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Andy Sze <amsze@csupomona.edu>
subject Re: DVD PLAYERS RULE!! not entirely ot! =P
date Wed, 01 Dec 1999 00:48:41 -0800
At 11:29 PM 11/29/99 -0800, you wrote:
>just tried out my DVD player and wow, the picture is so much better than
>vhs =P i also like the fact that i can choze between dub and subtitle, the
>little menu thingies rule too.. hell EVERYTHING rules! If a technological
>buffon like me can get into this then everyone can! =D heh i got Lodoss and
>Lain on dvd (lain is friggin weird, the 10 min i watched of it) and am
>totaly debating on whether or not i should get the Tenchi DVD set. 120
>bucks seems a bit much when i already have it all... what extras does it
>have? and do i remember someone saying there was a problem with color
>bleeding or something?

What model did you buy?  You may also notice the abscence of commericials
at the beginning of tapes and lack of tape hiss.

$120 bucks?  who the hell pays full price for their videos(in the
USA)?  The only places who sell videos at full prices are Suncoast and
certain record stores.  Even stores like Best Buy and Circuit city will
discount at least 20% off SRP.

I have a friend who is a major anime friek who buys too many videos.  He
got sick of paying full price and realized that a DVD with tax cost $32.48
at Suncoast while DVD's from www.dvdexpress.com cost $21.49 with
shipping.  After several DVD purchases it's easy to see you pay about 1/3
less and get the DVD to your door before the release.  For every 2 DVD's
you buy at Suncoast you can buy 3 at DVD Express.

If you really want to milk the online companies, you can get DVD's for
$6-11 bucks a piece.
Andy....

"Kimura, I urge you... demonstrate your skill using various types of oil."
     - Iron Chef's, Kaga Takeshi

Andy Sze.........               Eripme / Accord.SiR
amsze@csupomona.edu............Cal(Cow) Poly Pomona
http://www.csupomona.edu/~amsze/www/anime/myscan
......................The Passive Place Anime Scans

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs