Re: Belly of the Beast: The First Secret.

to <tenchi@ML.usagi.org>
from "Kevin Aw" <kevinaw@home.com>
subject Re: Belly of the Beast: The First Secret.
date Sun, 31 Oct 1999 17:35:20 -0800
> From: Peter Gray <jaganath_609@yahoo.com>

> Excuse me, rewind that.
>
> "As EXPECTED..."
>
> Miho is MIA for six months, and no one is really that
> concerned about it.  None of her colleagues in
> Division Six miss her, especially her superiors,
> though Jii-san seems quite worried.  She could be dead
> for all they know, for all they cared.....  And yet
> Mr. Supervisor is standing here with foreknowledge of
> an unlikely event, saying it was expected?

  You realize that the reason those guys probably weren't upset that
Mihoshi was MIA for 6 months was probably because she contacted them
earlier at the end of OAV1 (episode 7).  Remember when Aeka and Ryoko
conspired to send Mihoshi home?

  You said it yourself when Ryoko borrowed Yosho's phone to convince
Mihoshi her superior had phoned her ordering her to go back.  Well, I
remember when she DID contact her superior he was overjoyed that her
grandfather wouldn't have to kill him for sending her to track down
Kagato.

  So after an assignment like that I would assume Mihoshi's superior was
expecting a report.

> How much you wanna bet, that if Tenchi and the gang
> were to do a serious search of the shrine and the
> adjoining area, they would find a Galaxy Police
> uniform, and a set of ID indicating that Yousho is a
> command level officer in a GP spec ops unit?!
> Actually, Yousho is far too careful for that, but I do
> think that he has a GP billet.  Remember, that Mr.
> Supervisor is given orders relating to "Level A" in
> bueracratic parlance, that the person that he's
> talking to has a backdoor into Division 6's commo
> system, and that somehow someone has been watching and
> guiding Mihoshi through the rat maze of her life, just
> so she would arrive on Earth to become a pivotal part
> of whatever it is that's going on.

  Well, we already know Yosho is manipulating several people.  But Tsunami
also displayed the same knowledge as Yosho; that Tenchi had a power
"inside of himself" or something.  Considering this; that they both knew
the same thing, we merely guess that Tsunami was the one behind the plans
not Yosho since she was alive for much longer than Yosho.

  If we are also to believe Kajishima's novels (that they were part of the
backstory he had 'planned' for Tenchi), then yes, Yosho does have ties to
the GP, right?  Yosho doesn't seem sloppy, so I don't think he would
actually keep any GP devices, uniforms, symbols around unless they were
attached to something he really needed.  And since he arrived rather
impromptu in his Jurai ship while in his Jurai clothing with his Jurai
sword....

--
Kevin Aw
<kevinaw@home.com>