(Fwd) Re: Ryouko's voice again!

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Duncan Law-Green <dlg@ryouko.demon.co.uk>
subject (Fwd) Re: Ryouko's voice again!
date Thu, 2 Nov 1995 22:00:47 +0000
..Forwarded back to the ML.

Followups on my last mail were sent to me by mistake. Changing the
reply-to address is an 'advanced' option on this mailer which I
hadn't quite got the hang of. Sorry...

Duncan
=-=-=-
From:          Pat 'Susano' Davis <PDAVIS@smus.bc.ca>
To:            dlg@ryouko.demon.co.uk
Date:          Thu, 2 Nov 1995 08:45:10 PDT
Subject:       Re: Ryouko's voice again!

> Greg Austwick wrote:-
> >   It's that time again when people start slagging off Ryouko's
> > Voice Actor in the English dub, so I return to the fray as her knight in
> > shining-ish armour to say how good she is, in my opinion.

I haven't heard the english dub, and don't intend to. Ai Orikasa has
to be my favorite voice actor. I'm getting Maps (AD Vision) just
because she's in it.

> Amen to that! Good to hear from another Celeste Burch worshipper ^_^
> It's so refreshing after listening to Manga drivel to find someone
> who puts real feeling into a voice-acting role ...

I like some dubs, but I find that if I hear the sub first, and listen
to the CD (Tenchi Best Album) I get invariably hooked to the Japanese.

> >   Considering that the English dub can only reflect unfavourably in
> > the eyes of those who reckon that the Japanese version is universally
> > better(and it probably is), the comparision is irrelevent. Enjoy the
> > thing, don't pick at it.

I wouldn't.

> For the benefit of US listmembers, I should point out that the only
> version of Tenchi which Pioneer has released in the UK is the dubbed
> VHS version (just up to the Tenchi Special at the moment), so the
> majority of UK Tenchi fans aren't able to make that comparison.

Try and get the sub. It's really excelent. Ryoko's voice is just
perfect, and Aeka's voice has to be my favorite, next to Ryoko's.

> Think about that when you start buying the subbed TV episodes (snff..)

Speaking of the Tenchi Best Album, can anyone tell me the names of
the songs, and some translations?
"Arm the quantum torpedoes...
"Drop the cloak, and raise shields...
"We're going in."