RE: Annie May? (was: Road rules anime dubbing)

to "'tenchi@ML.usagi.org'" <tenchi@ML.usagi.org>
from Kevin Aw <Kevin.Aw@seagatesoftware.com>
subject RE: Annie May? (was: Road rules anime dubbing)
date Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:46:53 -0700
> From: Ryo-oh-ki [mailto:zangief@netcom.com]

> Hope this stuff helps.  I haven't had time to do
> any weekly Japanese language postings, but
> not many people seem that interested.

  Oh no!  I was interested in them, at least.  8)  I'm sure others here were
too, but there isn't really much of a reason to post replies after... but I
appreciated them nonetheless.  8)

> From: Dr. Briefs [mailto:brief@ix.netcom.com]

> I hope you were using your Japanese decoder to
> try and read it (but then again, you know at least
> what "ryou" looks like, so you should be seeing
> the right kanjis)...  If you turned on a Chinese
> decoder (BIG5 or GB), you'd see something
> completely different, not to mention something
> that makes little, if any, sense.

heh.. I was using Japanese encoding to look at it though.. but it still
didn't make much sense.  (It seemed not to be a phrase with a meaning, but
simply four words together ... perhaps they refer to something?)  But from
the way you describe it...  is it just a Japanese phrase or does it also
have meaning in Chinese as well?

--
Kevin Aw
Seagate Software