Re: Ryouko's voice again!

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from James Budworth <budworth@guri.cage.curtin.edu.au>
subject Re: Ryouko's voice again!
date Wed, 1 Nov 95 07:40:25 -0500
At 10:46 01/11/95 +0000, you wrote:

>	It's that time again when people start slagging off Ryouko's
>Voice Actor in the English dub, so I return to the fray as her knight in
>shining-ish armour to say how good she is, in my opinion.
>
>	Considering that the English dub can only reflect unfavourably in
>the eyes of those who reckon that the Japanese version is universally
>better(and it probably is), the comparision is irrelevent. Enjoy the
>thing, don't pick at it.

Personally I find that Ryouko's English voice actress is quite good.  At
first I didn't like it, but I think that was more getting used to it.  In
some instances I found that their voices were VERY similar.  Admittedly I
don't think it was as good as Kagato's VA but it was still good.

>ps. Ryouko rules! (And so does Sasami, but her Japanese VA is better)

Ryouko would have to my ABSOLUTE favourite character.

| Damn it! This is beginning  |  budworth@kagato.cage.curtin.edu.au  |
|     to piss me off!!        |                                      |
|  Does this place have a     |             Tenchi Rules             |
|  never-ending supply of     |         But Ryouko is Sexier         |
|       weird stuff ?!        |   So what if she can fly, survive    |
|                             |  explosions and pass through walls   |
|       Susano, ORION         |             _/@_@\_                  |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited