Re: Sasami and Tenchi WAS Re: Ayeka Revolution II WAS Re: Another Ayeka

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Kathleen Faulconer <rocket88@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Sasami and Tenchi WAS Re: Ayeka Revolution II WAS Re: Another Ayeka
date Tue, 01 Jun 1999 09:48:35 -0700
Strahd von Zarovic wrote:

> Sasami is alot older than she let's on, I mean her eyes speak of far more
> wisdom than a mere seven year old. The way she looks at Tenchi is with the
> gaze of an appraising mature female, not a bubble head primary school kid
> with a silly crush. Call it strange if you want, but I've never really
> noticed Anime writers to pay any attention to a little thing like age
> restrictions, so I for one won't be surprised if Tenchi does end up with
> Sasami........

Hoo Boy.

Someone has a death wish. ;-D

All kidding aside, what the hell are you seeing?
I don't see it at ALL.  Sasami is as far from a sexual being as just about any
character I have seen in anime. I agree that age doesn't always seem to be a
block in some anime relationships, but this is NOT the case in Tenchi.

Not that this has not already been said a number of times before...but Sasami
has a mature side, yes. Is it a sexual side? No.

She is level headed in certain situations, ones where she has to be. But her
basic personality is that of the sensitive child that she is. I think it is more
that she is perceptive, moreso than her sister or the other girls, and uses that
ability to smooth situations a bit. She is not a little Lolita and I can't see
any situation in any show that puts her in that light.

I think morbid curiosity is making quite a number of us want to know exactly
what scenes you have seen her appear as an appraising mature female. Please
share!

As for what I see in her eyes, it is that she cares very much for everyone in
her life.
I don't think she can stand the thought of thinking that any of them are having
sex (no problem here, since they are not! LOL!) just like any pre-teen little
girl. She knows Tenchi is a boy, can blush easily when he is kind to her, but
she loves him for every other reason than lust.

Kathleen

> Bye, Bye Lady

Search field Search string

archive list