Re: Ayeka Revolution II WAS Re: Another Ayeka fan, yes

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: Ayeka Revolution II WAS Re: Another Ayeka fan, yes
date Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:18:52 +0200 (METDST)
On Fri, 28 May 1999, Alan Zabaro wrote:

> > The problem is that Sasami has her puberty still before her.
> > There is NO guarantee (in fact, it's not even likely) that
> > her attitude and behaviour won't change a lot when she grows up.
>
> While I agree that Sasami is likely to change in a lot of respects as
> she grows up, I wonder if we can make some predictions about what she'll
> be like? Specifically, I'm thinking about how well Tsunami mirrors the
> future Sasami.

[]

> *If* Tsunami knows or can guess what Sasami will be like in the future,
> she might reflect Sasami's future self emotionally as well as physically (a
> result of the assimilation?).

However, it *is* pure speculation.

> And Tsunami seems, at least in OAV 6, to be
> interested in Tenchi as more than a friend, protector, or construct.

I do not see that at all. The supposed "near kiss" scene? That could mean
any of a hundred things.

> > > age discussion between the two that should be left alone. Tenchi Muyo!
> > > is not a hentai anime and I am sure the story writers are aware of
> > > that, but the possibility of Sasami after a few years in her upper
> > > teens and Tenchi after the completion of his Shinto studies could
> > > feasibly make a good couple.
> >
> > True - if Aeka and Ryoko weren't also in the picture.
>
> Concern for their feelings seems to be the biggest obstacle to a
> Tenchi/Sasami pairing.

Not only concern, also the unlikeliness of Tenchi being able (or
*willing*!) to keep pushing away the two for such a long time that
Sasami *could* become a viable option.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
   AnT - Animeclub fuer Deutschland: http://www.online.de/home/Rumiya/ant/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string