Re: Why Ayeka should end up with Tenchi

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: Why Ayeka should end up with Tenchi
date Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:11:23 +0200 (METDST)
On Fri, 28 May 1999, Owen Kuhn wrote:

> >> The baths -
> >>     While it might be a bit cheesy, that doesn't mean there's no
> >> symbolism involved.  The fact remains that the rest of the world faded
> >> in their eyes, and Ryoko even saw this.
> >
> >The "symbolism" in that scene was there mostly for laughs.
>

> As true as that might be, that doesn't change the fact that it happened, and
> the symbolism should be acknowledged.

IMO it makes the symbolism meaningless. (actually, I think symbolism is
mostly meaningless in ANY case)

> >> While it may not be absolute
> >> love at this point, he definitely has strong feelings for her.  I have a
> >
> >Not stronger than for any of the others.
>

> First of all, he definitely has stronger feelings for Ayeka and Ryoko than
> the others.

I don't think so. His feelings for them are DIFFERENT though, because he
can't avoid to at least consider them as possible romantic interests.

> And at this point, I don't believe Tenchi has true feelings for
> Ryoko, because he thinks Ryoko is just teasing him.

He can hardly be THAT dense, can he?

> >> Ryo-oh's seed -
> >>     Another tender moment between the two, in which Tenchi is once again
> >> completely oblivious to Ryoko.
> >
> >So tender that I didn't even notice it...
>
> Ryoko did.

She just noticed that Tenchi didn't pay her any attention.

> >And personally, I still think that the easiest, best (for all people
> >involved) and most likely outcome is for Tenchi to marry Ryoko AND
> >Aeka.
>

> Best?  Yes.  Most likely?  Assuming Ryoko's past doesn't bring up political
> problems, yes.  Easiest?  No way!  Instead of just competing over Tenchi's
> feelings, now they're going to be competing over him in the sack too.  One

Of course, the first thing they'd have to do to make it work is to stop
think about the whole relationship in terms of "competition". Which is of
course not easy.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
   AnT - Animeclub fuer Deutschland: http://www.online.de/home/Rumiya/ant/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string