Re: My views on Ryoko and Ayeka

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: My views on Ryoko and Ayeka
date Tue, 1 Jun 1999 08:56:00 +0200 (METDST)
On Fri, 28 May 1999, Owen Kuhn wrote:

> I'd also like to point out that many bash Ayeka indirectly through what I
> call the Goddess Syndrome.  GS is sort of anti-bashing, and is mainly
> targeted at Ryoko.  Some authors majorly play down her negative qualities
> and replace them with more virtues.  In the end, Ryoko as assended into a
> higher level of understanding between the relationship between her and
> Ayeka, while Ayeka has not changed.  While they did not bash Ayeka (well,
> not neccessarily) they still portray her as being completely bullheaded and
> stagnant.
>     The only other person I have ever seen hit with GS is Sasami, when she
> is portrayed as the most levelheaded person there, who is the only thing
> keeping everybody from killing eachother.

Oooohhh yes. Those are some of the WORST fics. The same also often happens
with Kiyone.

> To NEbody who wrote one of those,
> I'd like to point out the fact that she released a prisoner just because she
> was bored, and then told him to steal his sisters crown.

AND laughed herself silly over said prisoner literally running for his
LIFE!

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
   AnT - Animeclub fuer Deutschland: http://www.online.de/home/Rumiya/ant/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string