Re: My views on Ryoko and Ayeka

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: My views on Ryoko and Ayeka
date Tue, 1 Jun 1999 08:53:01 +0200 (METDST)
On Fri, 28 May 1999, Ryo-oh-ki wrote:

> :You mean that you are surprised that people prefer Ryoko to Tenchi himself?
> :I think it was designed that way. I have always thought that Tenchi as a
> :character was for the most part a vessel, to be filled by his experiences.
> :It is no surprise to me that characters that have established depth would
> :be more popular. But...I could be wrong! ;-P
>
>     I've observed lots of male fans who use Tenchi as the embodiment
>     of their "true self", to socialize vicariously through Tenchi,
>     and therefore to "become" Ryouko's boyfriend.  Maybe the show

Strange. I've never met (or at least not had a converstation about the
subject) with any of those.

> :I have always heard the opposite from people that I show Tenchi to. They
> :usually say that Ryoko's love is pure and complete, but that Ayeka would
> :make a better partner for Tenchi because she is more demure and traditional.
> :But all of them want Ryoko to win, because she deserves to be loved by the
> :guy she loves so totally.
>
>     I wonder if those people actually considered what Tenchi wants.

The way he's bee handling the matter, he doesn't DESERVE that kind of
consideration.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
   AnT - Animeclub fuer Deutschland: http://www.online.de/home/Rumiya/ant/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string