Re: (OT)VideoCD question

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Dan Hollis <goemon@sasami.anime.net>
subject Re: (OT)VideoCD question
date Mon, 31 May 1999 23:52:15 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, replicant wrote:
> How can they get away with selling them on websites and e-bay, yahoo,
> and amazon auctions? Seems to me that it could be stopped somehow so people
> don't lose money for inferior products.

ebay and amazon cant police all their auctions. They depend on end users
to report violations. ebay auctions off vast quantities of pirated (and
sometimes stolen) merchandise. pirates selling fansub tapes and cd-r
anime mp3 cds for profit on ebay etc.

Sometimes they get their auctions shut down, but not often enough.

> If we could get some people to go ahead and spend the money to bring
> several really good neglected titles to the US, then I would think this
> kind of thing would dwindle, but probably not you can't bring out
> everything I guess.

It costs money to make domestic releases.

-Dan

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited