Re: Aeka's Hair Color

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Aeka's Hair Color
date Mon, 31 May 1999 22:55:48 -0700
K'thardin wrote:

[...]
> No offense to anyone, but did only a few people get my objections?  It's not so
much the
> incest thing, it's more the people he's gone after and those that are still around.
If I
> understood what was presented to me correctly by those that have read the novels,
Yoshou
> not only had massive wives, he had them AT the same time WITHOUT their knowledge
of each
> other and SOME of them are still alive.  Not to mention all the children that probably

> have no knowledge of each other...AND C'MON!  MISAKI???!!!!  That is the epidemy
of
> STUPIDITY right there.  I could call it a few other words, but I'll leave it at
that.  The
> way he treats the opposite sex and his own family is the REAL reason I don't think
the guy
> is worth the space in the universe he takes up.

Hold on now. I don't remember what exactly was said about Yosho's wives
(whether he had them
at the same time or not--I haven't had much luck looking things up in
the archive so far),
but I am certain that the Misaki thing went in the other direction, i.e.
that Misaki was
interested in Yosho, and he wasn't even aware of it.

Ah, here we go.
From the archive, posted by htsutsum@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Yagami
Makibi), on
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 10:25:50 -0500, as a reply to you (K'thardin):

>Wait, wait, let me clarify. It was more like "Misaki was attracted to Yosho"
>and Yosho really didn't notice that (^_^;;

Anyway, from digging through the archives the only mention of Yosho's
past relationships I
could find were his marriage to Kasumi, who IIRC was Funaho's niece, and
his earlier
relationship with Airi (Eiri?), who he apparently had a child with but
never ended up
marrying. And the arranged marriage with Aeka, which I don't think ever
went through. While
I don't find running off and leaving Aeka to believe he had died was
particularly admirable,
and I don't know how he split with Airi, I don't see any evidence of
polygamy (remarrying
after Kasumi's death--I'm assuming she isn't still living
somewhere--isn't what I would call
polygamy), let alone the sort of villainy you seem to think he's guilty
of. Hell, I think
Yosho behaves a lot worse in the beginning of OAV ep 3 than he does
according to what I've
read in people's posts about the novels...Sure, he really should try to
get in contact with
Airi and their child (Minaho?), but I understand that there are
political obstacles that
prevent that...

Alan Zabaro

BTW K'thardin, if you still can't stand Yosho and what he's done,
(whether or not you buy
what I wrote), you should never, EVER read the Amber series by Roger
Zelazny. Especially not
the second series of five books (although all the books have some
elements that relate to
this discussion...actually, I can see Tenchi taking place in the Amber
setting, and fitting
in quite well).

--
"Napalm. Ah, to be young again." -Moltar, SG:C2C ep 60: "Lawsuit"
ML archives can be found there as well.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited