Re: OT Grave of the Fireflies

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from replicant <replicant@northstate.net>
subject Re: OT Grave of the Fireflies
date Tue, 01 Jun 1999 00:09:18 -0400
If you would like to watch a movie I feel is even more depressing. Then try the
uncut version of "Green Legend Ran". This film is one of the most deep and
heart wrenching films of all time. I have seen GotF and I don't think it is as
sad as the above anime. Try it and see if you feel the same. If you want to see
a live-action film with enough power to cause everyone who watches it to cry,
then check out "My Life" with Micheal Keaton and Nicole Kidman. I have never
seen anyone who could make it through that film without tearing up. I am a
pretty big and intimidating guy, but I cried like a baby watching it. It tugs
at the heart and human spirit with much intensity. The end torture and
"Freedom" cry out at the end of  Braveheart almost always gets me as well. Oh
well, enough sharing. How about them Braves?(heehee)

replicant
"Shut up! I am not a wuss! I am just a bit sensitive. I said shut up or I will
beat the $h!t out of you! Now go away." - rep.

PS: I thought SPR was a moving film, but not really a crying film. Unless you
had been there and seen the tragedies shown first hand.

rexifelis wrote:

> i have just watched the most depressing movie (live-action OR anime) that i
> have ever seen.
>
> Grave of the Fireflies

Search field Search string

archive list