Re: [OT] Anime endings

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Kevin Aw <kevinaw@home.com>
subject Re: [OT] Anime endings
date Sun, 02 May 1999 15:34:45 -0700
Yu chan wrote:

> How do you feel when an anime series end?  Personally I feel kinda sad
> because I invested a little bit of my life in watching the characters
> develop their relationships with each other.  The ending has to be mighty
> good or I got really bored for me to feel happy that the anime ended.
> Even if the couple that I wanted to see together finally are together at
> the end, I still want to see how their children turned out.

  You know, I get the same way with series of fantasy novels as well.  A few
like Dragonlance series, the one (forgot what its called) written by David
Eddings..  and some others I've forgotten.

  I remember reading Dragonlance and it was great going through the books,
but at the end I felt like I wanted to read more about the Heroes.. and their
children.. and the adventures they get into.  I think a lot of people felt
the same way, so they began writing a TON of books about the Dragonlance
world... including a lot of prelude books.  And after that effort, the
continued the series with the children of the Heroes of the Lance... and they
did some pretty weird stuff with the world.

  Suffice it to say, they should've just left it when they decided to end it
the first time.  The preludes and the final Dragonlance book were mediocre at
best and the Dragonlance-Sixth Age series that they warped the world into
just stank.  8(  Not to mention they destroyed the balance of the world by
leaving all the bad guys in power.  D'oh... 8)

  So.. I would really hate it when an anime series ends, especially if the
story is unfinished (a hint to Kajishima to hurry up and finish the Tenchi
OAV series before its finished for him!)....  but sometimes if the series is
concluded properly, perhaps its best to just leave it be...

--
------
Kevin Aw <kevinaw@home.com>

Search field Search string