Re: Pioneer DVD's and Macrovision

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from "Andy Sze (on the VAX)" <amsze@csupomona.edu>
subject Re: Pioneer DVD's and Macrovision
date Mon, 01 Mar 1999 19:19:00 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Yu T. wrote:

> I'm tech ignorant.  Can you please tell me what's the difference between
> Super VHS and regular VHS?

SVHS is an analog tape format with a much better picture than VHS..

VHS has 260 lines of resolution, SVHS is 400(IIRC, for some reason I
think it might be 330, 400 sounds too good).

SVHS stores video information in compoent, VHS store it in composite.

SVHS players and record and play standard VHS but not vice versa.

A low end SVHS player costs around a high end VHS.

The picture is much better in a SVHS.

the SVHS copy of TMiL that Gary Neuwirth was making will be better quality
than the TMiL tape you buy from the store.

Gary your expert words?

I'm just angry that my VCR is going to shot after 2 years... I'm mistaking
SP records for EP now.  My friend 6 year old $400 Toshiba tapes better
than my 2 year old $220 unit.  and his get's alot more use than mines.

Andy Sze
amsze@csupomona.edu

"Hey kid, want some candy?!" --  Misap-o Katsuponme

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs