Re: Pioneer DVD's and Macrovision

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Gary Neuwirth <garyneuwirth@worldnet.att.net>
subject Re: Pioneer DVD's and Macrovision
date Mon, 01 Mar 1999 20:40:08 -0600
Derek Sherman wrote:

> I can vouch for the Macrovision being turned on for the TMiL disk - I
> accidentally wired my DVD through the VCR instead of the switcher box,
> and I got that wonderful bright/dark/bright slow pulsation when I
> played the disk.

Humm---I 'm right now in the process of recording Tenchi in Love DVD for a friend

and I get the macrovision effect on the Menu screen but when I start the movie it

goes away and I'm able to record cleanly.  This also happened on Pioneer's Battle

Athletes that I recorded for a friend.  Clean during the Movie but Macrovision on

Menu. I'm recording to a Super VHS (Sony) machine from my Pioneer DV-09.  I have
it connected directly to the VHS.

Gary

Search field Search string

archive list