Re: Pioneer DVD's and Macrovision

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from "Derek Sherman" <doppleganger@pipeline.com>
subject Re: Pioneer DVD's and Macrovision
date Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:00:13 -5000
On 28 Feb 99 at 23:54, Andy Sze (Eripme) wrote:

> At 09:09 PM 2/27/99 -0800, you wrote:
> >Makes me wonder about the region coding. <sinister laughter>
>
> I would think region coding is on.  I figured that they wouldn't make enouh
> money from TiT to cover it, but I think it might be turned on the TMiL,
> GIT's dvd's... maybe.

I can vouch for the Macrovision being turned on for the TMiL disk - I
accidentally wired my DVD through the VCR instead of the switcher box,
and I got that wonderful bright/dark/bright slow pulsation when I
played the disk.

Derek

Search field Search string

archive list