Re: bithching at Pioneer

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Kathleen Faulconer <rocket88@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: bithching at Pioneer
date Mon, 01 Feb 1999 11:05:03 -0800

TenchiMP@gate1.tomatoweb.com wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
> *snip*
> > For the one poor mother whose post I read on this mailing
> >list write about how your children screamed in horror and cried when
> >watching Tenchi in Tokyo volume 2 because of how bad it was.
>
> lol! now your making it sound like her kids were writhing with agony! Was
> it that bad kathlene?

Yes, but it may have been due more to the way I forced them to watch than the
actual show! I didn't want to watch alone so I tied them up tight with scratchy
jute rope, put small Clockwork Orange devices on their eyeballs to keep the
lids open and used a "halo" for broken necks to keep them from averting their
eyes. Whenever they complained too loud, I whipped them with an Ayeka style
bullwhip. That may be cause of the writhing in agony, but I guess we will never
really know......

LOL!
No, it wasn't that bad. Like I said before, my kids are probably closer to the
age of most of this ML and they are very opinionated. They "hate or love" an
anime, nothing in between. So yeah, the next tape I watch ALONE before they see
it so I can have a chance at enjoying the Ryoko date episode!
You should have heard them MST the poor Project A-ko 2nd OAV series. They
adored the first one and totally trashed the second one, much like they did to
Shin. Yep, watching alone in the future....

> >Tell Pioneer
> >that they have abandoned any dedication to artistic quality in the drive
> >to make something marketable.  Remember the motto of Lucasfilm, "Plot does
> >matter."  This is something that Pioneer has forgotten since Tenchi OAV 6.
>
> well, I would admit that there was a drop of quality after OAV 6, but there
> were still good episodes. Plot does indeed matter. Tenchi isn't classified
> as to serious an anime, but it still deserves better than STM.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with any of the OAVs except that the ending was
so...not an ending. I think plot does matter beyond all else, and the OAVs all
had thought provolking moments. Bitching at Pioneer won't probably do much
except make us feel like we did something. Probably filling out those postcards
would have been a better idea, wish I had done it. Isn't Pioneer just the ones
that distribute these series to America? Isn't AIC the one that has to finance
a new OAV? And it doesn't sound like they will... :-(

>  (although in real life, if i cant tell someones a guy or
> girl I just stay the hell away from them!)

HAHAHA!Probably a good plan!

Kathleen

Search field Search string

archive list