Shin Tenchi or TIT (tenchi in tokyo)

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
cc Tim Clough <tfclough@shore.intercom.net>
from Tim Franklin Clough <tfclough@shore.intercom.net>
subject Shin Tenchi or TIT (tenchi in tokyo)
date Mon, 01 Feb 1999 05:09:00 -0500
Tsukino Parvati wrote:
> Shin Tenchi
>
> I like it a lot. It's amusing, and I like how it's more alternate
> universe-wise then the first TV series. Sakuya is interesting, there
> were some nice Aeka scenes, and I thought I would loose a lung

Well, I finnaly watched the first dubbed tape,  .....I think so far that
i like it.

But it is a little strange. At first I thought it was part of the first
TV Univ. but to me it appears that if it is its as if the part were they
leave Earth and fight Kagato never happened. At the end of the 1st tv,
tenchi to me seems more mature, grownup.(well, he faced mortal combat,
and watched friends almost die.)

But in this show I see him acting much younger.and it seems they have
dumbdowned the show with those little cartoony texpreshions to show
emothions.(I know this is typical for Anime but, this stuff looks
cheesy). And why does Tenchi and Yosho run from the Demons? And neather
one trys to fight and were is Tenchi's sword? They both fought guards
and other things in the first TV.

It sorta feels like I'm watching Salior moon. This Tenchi appears like
its made for a younger viewer.(perhaps thats what watches it in Japan)
They way in which there is a group of baddies that they have to fight.
don't get me wroung, I like a central bad guy like Kagato as a goal for
the gang to struggle against but the ones in TIT just seem too much like
Nephlite and the whole Nega guys in Sailor Moon(tho I did like SM
enought to watch all the shows the CN has)

My score for it(as of the first vhs tape is)
OVA-4 stars
TUTV-5 stars
TIT-3.4 stars (hay, any Tenchi is good Tenchi, well I'm addicated)
TMIL-4.5 stars
MNE-3.7 stars
TMIL2-6 stars (well lets hope)

--
Check Out Were Tenchi Goes when the Girls Get to much for him.
Tenchi's Hideout

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited