Sorry Again (was Re:Subbed v dubbed war)

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from ZeroOut@aol.com
subject Sorry Again (was Re:Subbed v dubbed war)
date Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:11:23 EST
I meant to send a letter that Crusader sent to me alone by accident, (I think)
but forgot that you can't fwd things to the ml...anyways he wrote:

>I don't know....I've only rented the first OVA episode subtitled, and it
was
>funny as hell!    All the stores that I go to only have the dub, and I'm
not
>sure if some scenes will still be as funny as if they were left in
>subtitles....
    Of the OVA series I rented them all dubbed -- and bought them. #4 -- the
onsen episode--  is the only subbed I have of the OVAs. And oddly enough, it
was the only episode that Hollywood didn't have ^_-
    Only T'n'T has a better dub than sub.
does anyone have both sub and dub and tell me which is better
>(only on Tenchi OVA)?  Especially if the dub is going to downgrade scenes;
>such as Tenchi calling Ryoko a monster...now that was hilarious!
    The dialogue between the two is very close (unlike T'n'T) so you won't
be missing out on the words. I think it took the first 3 episodes for the US
cast to get into their characters, so I'd recommend the sub. The dub Kagato
is the best performance by a bad guy that I've yet heard. The Japanese actor
is your basic deep-voiced villian -- bleah.
    I plan on getting the DVD collection when it comes out -- I can have the
Japanese cast, but switch soundtracts for Kagato's lines!

    Irwin

>"Pay your respects to this divine sword!"--Kyosuke Shigure, Gowcaizer

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs