Re: Dvd vs LD

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Chris Beveridge <cbeverid@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Dvd vs LD
date Sun, 03 Jan 1999 07:54:32 -0500
Derek Sherman wrote:

> On  2 Jan 99 at 21:06, David D. Rogers wrote:
>
> > The folks at the Pioneer pannel seemed kind of heistant about releasing
> > DVDs at AX 98. Understandable, because of the high cost of remastering, and
> > the uncertainty (greater 6 months ago than now) of the DVD market's
> > expansion. It's good to know that they have confidence in the DVD market's
> > expansion--or the market gave them the confidence to expand.
>
> Have they said anything about whether or not the first 3-4 episodes
> will be properly subtitled, rather than dubtitled, on this one?
>
> Aside from the Dolby mastering, that is the next most important thing
> in my eyes.

There hasn't been much official word on the set yet, and unfortunately
Pioneer is one of the few companies I haven't been able to get a contact
within yet.

I do hope that they will redo the subs. I'm pretty sure they will, in
that they offer 3 variants on subtitle choices: None, English, Hearing
Impaired.
--
Chris Beveridge
Webmaster, Anime on DVD