Re: Dvd vs LD

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from "David D. Rogers" <drogers@pobox.com>
subject Re: Dvd vs LD
date Sat, 02 Jan 1999 21:06:16 -0800
>From: Chris Beveridge <cbeverid@ix.netcom.com>
>To: tenchi@ML.usagi.org
>Subject: Re: finall watched american STM...
>
>Complete fact. All the information on the remaster/remix DVD reissue
>(lots of re's) can be found at http;//www.animeondvd.com/tenbox.htm

Actually, this should be http://www.animeondvd.com/tenbox.htm

Cost is apparently only $120 for 13 episodes (a bargain!). The Japanese
soundtrack is in the original stereo and remastered 5.1 Dolby Dig. (I have
to wait until April, but given the cost savings and higher quality, and the
fact that I've been able to resist buying it _this_ long... ^_-)

The folks at the Pioneer pannel seemed kind of heistant about releasing
DVDs at AX 98. Understandable, because of the high cost of remastering, and
the uncertainty (greater 6 months ago than now) of the DVD market's
expansion. It's good to know that they have confidence in the DVD market's
expansion--or the market gave them the confidence to expand.

>It's definitely got a lot of people psyched for it.

Peace,

<> David

http://www.lightlink.com/drogers/
"People, who eat people, are the loneliest people in the world!"
=96Barbara Streisand, slightly skewed

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited