Re: finall watched american STM...

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Tomar <tomar@brain.ames.net>
subject Re: finall watched american STM...
date Fri, 01 Jan 1999 12:40:36 -0600
Tenchi ML,

At 02:20 AM 12/25/98 -0700, you wrote:

>>oh yea, Merry X-mas and all that jazz! I was gona ask Santa for a shiny new
>>DVD player, but decided screw it cuz of all that regional bull shit
>
>< smacks you up! > I'll give you one reason why to buy DVD.  Tenchi Muyo
>Remastered 5.1 Dobly digital Surround Sound OAV Box set due out in late
>March/ April.  Shall I smack you again?  Also, regoinal stuff doesn't really
>matter because foreign DVDs hardly put any english subs on the disc anyways.

Ahh....but it does.  I enjoy the fact that all I've got to do
is talk to my contacts and I can get the first editions LDs with
all of their goodies from Japan.  With DVD, I'll get the disk and
the goodies but will have to hack on my player unless I want to
wait months for a release.  Besides, that means that everyone over
here will have to wait months, maybe years, as well.

>So you'll just have a really expensive raw version.  < smacks you again for
>not getting DVD > Did I mention the Tenchi Movie DVDs?

Got this stuff on LD.  Actually I've got the two versions of
Manatsu no Eve. ^_^
(BTW, the Japanese packaging was far neater than the US version ^_^)

>  < smack smack >
>Also, the Tenchi OAV box set will have a 3rd disc with nothing but special
>stuff on it.  interviews, info on TMiL2, all series, an all new Tenchi
>encyclopedia. <smack smack > Oh yeah, all the good Pioneer stuff coming
>out.  Fushigi Yuugi DVD, Bastard DVD, More future Tenchi DVD stuff,
>Pioneer/Viz stuff, < smack smack > Oh yeah, expect *all*, everything Pioneer
>has ever put out to be released on DVD at one point or another.  < smack
>smack >  Did I mention Manga's upcoming titles?  Wings of Honneamise
>Remastered 5.1?

Ahhh...what is remastering going to do?  If the original soundtrack
was in stereo then how is remastering it into 5.1 going to help. Its
still in stereo.  Its pretty amazing how much Anime out there is
only in stereo or worst mono.

>X/1999 the Movie

Got this on LD.

>Prefect Blue, ooops, can't forget

The LD rocks. ^_^;

>Animeigo, with future DVD releases such as Oh! My Goddess, You're Under
>Arrest,

Got these on LD as well.

> and KOR and the Urusei Yatsura series.  < smack smack >  Did I
>mention Tenchi OAV series box set?

Did I mention I have these on LD? ^_^

>  Oh yeah, I forgot, a very possible
>release of an Magic Knight Rayearth TV series Box set release?

Got the original LDs and was very tempted to buy the reissues.
^_^

>  Can't forget
>the new Vampire Hunter D movie from Urban Vision.  < smack smack > What am I
>trying to say?  Get the damn DVD. =P

Besides being somewhat harsh and rude in this post, you didn't
give very convincing arguments to getting DVDs.

Tomar
aka tomar@ames.net

          Tomar: aka tomar@ames.net             |"Even after I graduated, I
  ---   A slightly mysterious net entity   ---  |still don't have enough time
 http://chaos.trxinc.com/tomar/anime/anime.html |to watch Anime..."

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited