Re: Toookkkiiimmmiiii...

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from arromdee@inetnow.net
subject Re: Toookkkiiimmmiiii...
date Tue, 1 Dec 1998 22:15:41 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Ryo-oh-ki wrote:
> :> > But just like playstations, DVDs can be easily modified to play any
> :> > region.
> :> Whenever someone says this, I ask "Then tell me someplace that will do this,

> :> for most players (and not for just a few models that happen to be easy to
> :> modify).  And I mean within the USA".  Nobody has yet managed to tell me.
>     Have you tried your local search engine?  I did, and found one
>     whose URL might be easy to remember:
>         http://www.dvdmod.com/
>     It may not be in the U.S., but I'm sure you can find one if you
>     go and look.

In other words, you can't find one either.

I _know_ that these shops are common in Europe, like the site you mentioned.
The DVD--heck, the laserdisk--situation in Europe is so bad that a modified
player there is handy for everyone, rather than just for a niche group such as
anime fans.  (And even then, it's over a hundred dollars just for the
modification.  Modifying a Playstation costs half that.)

I would rather not send something using overseas postage, where UPS is not
possible, and where it has to go through customs.  And even that wouldn't help
me; the site you listed doesn't deliver to North America!

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs