Re: DVD question

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: DVD question
date Tue, 1 Dec 1998 08:25:38 +0100 (MET)
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998 Scott41273@aol.com wrote:

> I am not sure about the imports playing on American DVD players, but make sure
> you get a DIVX compatible player.  DIVX is supposed to be the best format.  I

That's bullshit.

1) There aren't any DIVX players available yet AFAIK.

2) DIVX is the same as normal DVD quality-wise. It's merely a way to
   sell you the discs very cheaply and then have you pay every time you
   view them. On the way, the company also gets to know your exact viewing
   habits, of course.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string

archive list