Re: The word "Tsunami" (was Re: Tenchi Muyo! the Movie)

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from kyburg@cyberg8t.com (Donna Hutt-Stapfer)
subject Re: The word "Tsunami" (was Re: Tenchi Muyo! the Movie)
date Mon, 2 Sep 1996 01:03:53 -0700 (PDT)
>At 09:29 AM 9/2/96 +0800, CuSO4 wrote:
>>
>>p.s.  I know the word "Tsunami" was added to English Dictionary some time
>>      ago.  Does anyone know if "Washuu" or "Tokimi" has an entry in the
>>      dictionary of any languages ?
>>
>        Answer to your question, doubtful.  I just wanted to point out that
>the name Tsunami has a double meaning, the second meaning being something
>like "Lady of mystery".  Now my question about that is, how seriously are we
>to take the second possible meaning?  Is the second meaning commonly
>understood to be there by Japanese fans?
>        Also, does the name Tokimi or it's Kanji have any significant
>meanings?  I'm fairly sure Washu doesn't.
>
>                                Greg M.

I can add a little addendum to the names bit - not that this bit is exactly
helpful.

Washuu got her name from a location in the Okayama area - Washuzan, which is
a mountain top recreational, museum-like observatory, scientific fun place.
Kinda like Griffith Observatory here in Los Angeles.  So when Washuu wants
to be called "Washuu-chan" - you get the idea.

Tsunami has meant and will always mean "mother of all tidal waves" to me.
End subject.

Tokimi?!!  Somebody help us!!
                       "Horn Broken -- Watch for Finger"
       The Blue Thunder of Ontario, California (I work for SuperShuttle!!)
                              Donna Hutt-Stapfer
                      kyburg@cyberg8t.com * kyburg@aol.com
                              Will Work for Anime
"There's a Cure - We'll Find It" - Juvenile Diabetes Foundation 800-296-8788

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs