Re: Ryoko gets the gems!

to <tenchi@ML.usagi.org>
from "CuSO4" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject Re: Ryoko gets the gems!
date Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:28:15 +0800
> From: Tenchi3@aol.com <Tenchi3@aol.com>
>This is kinda of a pet peeve of mines, but WHY do people spell Washu's name
W-
>A-S-Y-U? Yes I know there are many ways to spell it, but it was ment to be
>spelled W-A-S-H-U(-U), thats the way Pioneer and AIC spells it.

There exists 2 different method of romanization of Japanese gana into
romanji
(I forgot the names of the method, one seems to be something like Hepburn).
One uses the SYU and the other uses SHU to denote the same gana.  So depends
on which method you or your teacher adopt, you get different result.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, yung@cuso4.com, chyung@hknet.com, cuso4@valise.com

Search field Search string