Re: Tenchi OVA DVD--Questions

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from "Andy Sze (Eripme)" <amsze@csupomona.edu>
subject Re: Tenchi OVA DVD--Questions
date Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:30:27 -0700
At 01:53 PM 9/30/98 -0700, you wrote:
>this is why i dont have a DVD or laserdisc player. to *!@#$% complicated.
>Till they become universal, and relatively cheap, i think ill stick with
>good ol' VHS tapes.

LaserDisc is more universal than video cassete.  No region coding and you
do'nt have to worry about PAL and NTSC(95% of the time).  Even in Europe
and Asia, most ppl watch discs encoded in NTSC.  European and Asian players
will read NTSC LD's and output PAL since NTSC discs are plentiful and PAL
discs are not.

LaserDisc is great, it doesn't fade..like tapes do and the picture quality
is superior.  the only caveat is that the discs rae expensive and you can
watch every Japanese import LD.

we should all switch to PAL =3D)  less fps, but the picture off just standar
PAL VC is greatly superior to NTSC.  I noticed Ranma playing at a friends
TV once, I mistook it for LD but was shocked to find out it was a tape of a
PAL broadcast. PAL VC is close to SVHS quality.

Other tha North America and Japan who else is NTSC ????

Andy....

=A0 amsze@csupomona.edu............Cal(Cow) Poly Pomona
=A0=A0 http://www.csupomona.edu/~amsze/www/anime/myscan ..
=A0=A0=A0 ......................The Passive Place Anime Scans

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs