Re: Tenchi OVA DVD--Questions

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Dan Hollis <goemon@sasami.anime.net>
subject Re: Tenchi OVA DVD--Questions
date Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:15:55 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 arromdee@inetnow.net wrote:
> > > If they are, then please tell me where to get one installed at a reasonable

> > > price.  (And I don't mean a place where I can get one only if I have a
> > > particular rare type of player.  Nor do I mean one in Europe.)
> > http://www.aeug.org/~chip/dvdchip.html
> No good.  Works on only one type of player.

Its not rare though. So it fits your "requirements". That "one type" of
player covers a _lot_ of models. Stop changing your "requirements" to make
a moving target.

> ("Specific information on other platforms and their deriviatives will
> be made available as it becomes known.")

Eg more and more players are being made every day that use that chipset.
So the list keeps growing.

> Not only that, he doesn't sell the chips anyway!

Its a DIY mod, but he links to people who sell the chip.

> > http://chips.drew-hamilton.net/dvd/
> > http://www.dvdshop.com.au/htmldocs/mods.htm
> > http://www.stegen.com/dvd.html
> None of these are located in the USA.  The first two are in Canada

Horrors! Canada!

> and Australia respectively.  I know I only specifically said not in
> Europe, but what I meant was that I wanted to find one in the same
> country as me.

Why should it matter? Youre just ordering a simple modchip.
FWIW I get stuff faster from germany than from new york.

-Dan

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited