Re: Age differences

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Charles C. Liu" <charlesl@thirdwave.net>
subject Re: Age differences
date Wed, 04 Oct 1995 18:54:42 -0700
At 03:57 PM 10/4/95 -0700, you wrote:
>Charles C. Liu said:
>>
>>         I just want to make sure that I got everything right. Aeka and
>> Sasami are supposed to be AT LEAST over 700 years old, right? But for Aeka
>> the 700 years doesn't really count because she was in a "time-feeze".
>> However that's not true for Sasami because she was a stole-alway. And during
>
>    Although we don't see Sasami in suspended animation, it cannot be
>    assumed that she never was in that state and basically ran around
>    the Ryu-oh for 700 years.

        Your right we can't assume that she wasn't put in suspended
animation, but assume that she was. Can you explain how see turned from a 2
year old into a ???(how old is she) in suspended animation. Also Jurians
don't age the same as Earthlings.

>> the attack on planet Juri she looked like a two year old. So she muct have
>> gotten older. I think the Jurians age 1 year for every 100 years. Another
>> reason why I think Sasami is pretty old is because she's very smart,
>> devious, and knows a lot of thing that little girls aren't supposed to know.
>> For example,
>>
>> Sasami: Tenchi, why is your nose bleeding? Your a naughty boy aren't you?
>> (gigle gigle)
>> Tenchi: Oh no, its nothing. The water is to hot. (or some lame excuse)
>> Sasami: Really? (looking really close)
>> Tenchi: (head down) Sorry for being naughty!
>> Sasami: (pats him on the head) That's my boy.
>
>    *Everyone* knows about nose bleeds.  The fact that Sasami saw
>    through the excuse tells me that Tenchi is just not very good
>    at lying... ^_^

        Yaeh everyone that watches Anime knows about nose bleeds, but I
haven't seen one Anime in which a character who has nose bleed is accused of
having naughty thoughts. They usually just go one as if its normal.

>    Also, Sasami shows more maturity/sensibility during ep.3 when
>    convincing Aeka to stop moping, leave the room, and at least
>    be more sociable.

        Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing? I know one thing, Sasami is
definatly more mature than she looks. It could be that Tsunami's experiences
are leaking into her. If this is happening than she's probibly going to be
the most mature and wisest one in the group because Tsunami is definatly
very old.

Charles C. Liu
charlesl@manhattan.thirdwave.net

Search field Search string