Re: ON the subject of Shin Tenchi Muyo [OT]

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: ON the subject of Shin Tenchi Muyo [OT]
date Wed, 2 Sep 1998 10:59:47 +0200 (METDST)
On Tue, 1 Sep 1998 Amuro2nd@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/1/98 3:30:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de writes:
>
> << t's total crap. Imagine "Tenchi goes Sailor Moon". >>
>
> I thought that was Pretty Sammy , hmm... maybe you were refering to the shoujo
> content,

I was referring to the "Monster of the Day" content.

Heck, I've seen an episode where the baddie turns a cel phone into
a monster that then starts to rampage around until it's stopped by
our heroes. Sound familiar?

And of course there's the sledgehammer romance between Tenchi and Sakuya.

> anyway if you don't like Shin Tenchi I would recommend you to watch
> Tenku no Escaflowne , it has mechs and a shoujo atmosphere just like Shin
> Tenchi , but somehow I think its better , of course I could be wrong , but I'm
> pretty sure Escaflowne is better ^_^

I've seen 5 episodes of Escaflowne. It's HEAPS better, but actually I
don't think it's really shoujo. The style maybe, but not the content.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string

archive list