Re: Kiki's Delivery Service

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from dmmanda <dmmanda@ibm.net>
subject Re: Kiki's Delivery Service
date Tue, 01 Sep 1998 17:47:55 -0500

TenchiMP@aol.com wrote:

> What is Kiki's Delivery service? i've never heard of it.  You guys get to see
> anime in theaters????, man i hate my shitty little town!!!!  :(

Kiki's Delivery Service is a coming of age film featuring a kawaii young Witch
who leaves home for 1 year for the traditional away from home expereince.
Columbus Ohio was the only theater in the country (other than film festivals)
that was showing the redubbed feature.  I saw it twice (I picked up half price
tickets) and not by myself.  This film was done about 1989 and still blows away
alot of Japanese Anime and all American animation of the current era.  Disney
wanted the best for the Ghibli Studio investment and it shows.  The still have a
lot to learn, but are coming close.  If the dubbing had been as good in the
Tenchi Muyo or Tenchi TV, we would be seeing it on prime time Network television
right now.  The sound track was OK, I understand the orginal was better, and fit
the mood of the story.  This same studio created Princess Mononoke which was a
super blockbuster in Japan and should be awsome dub.

Dave M.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited