Re: Tenchi Continuity Flowchart

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Mark Clifton <mclifton@hawaii.edu>
subject Re: Tenchi Continuity Flowchart
date Tue, 4 Aug 1998 01:49:21 -1000
Brazil wrote:

> Hm, but all those other shows do not continue the 1st OAV series!
> And the Mihoshi special dies belong somewhere between the two OAV series.
> I think it came after the "Night before the Carnival" special.

It should be more like this:

* Tenchi OVA Series I (1-6)
	|--> Special (#7)
		|--> Mihoshi Special
			|--> Tenchi OVA Series II (8-13)
			|	|--> Tenchi TV (26eps)
			|	|	|--> Movie 1 (TMiL)
			|	|		|--> Shin Tenchi (26eps)
			|	|--> Movie 2 (MNE/DOD)
			|--> Pretty Sammy OVA Series (1-3)
				|--> Pretty Sammy TV (26eps)

Now, the explaination (because I'm sure someone is going to dislike this
mapping).  OVAs came first, no question... After OVA #7, the Mihoshi
Special came next with Pretty Sammy in a cameo apperence.  Even though
the second OVA Series continued after the Mihoshi Special, it also
spawned the Pretty Sammy OVA Series which then spawned into the PSTV
Series.  Going back to the Second OVA Series, it help jump-start the TV
Series which it progressed to TMiL and Shin Tenchi, while the other line
went on to continue the OVA Series with Midsummer's Eve (Movie 2).  I
made this with the bases on time and obvious successions.

In truth, their are four completely different series that are not so
related as the first flowchart might lead you to believe, it really
should look like this:

* Tenchi OVA Series I (1-6)
	|--> Special (#7)
		|--> Mihoshi Special
			|--> Tenchi OVA Series II (8-13)
				|--> Movie 2 (MNE/DOD)

* Pretty Sammy OVA Series (1-3)

* Tenchi TV Series (26eps)
	|--> Movie 1 (TMiL)
		|--> Shin Tenchi (26eps)

* Pretty Sammy TV Series (26eps)

The second flowchart is accurate only in seperating the continuities. I
personaly like the first one though because it has more forks in it. ^_^

--

  Mark Clifton

  Checkout my Homepage:  http://www3.wcu.edu/~mc7935/
     or Little Washu's:  http://washu.simplenet.com/

  "There can be no second chance when kung fu is used for evil!"
  ** mclifton@hawaii.edu ** mc7935@wcu.edu ** washu@yahoo.com **

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited