Re: El-Hazard: Wanderers Vol.7

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from OptiC NeRve <utenasama@yahoo.com>
subject Re: El-Hazard: Wanderers Vol.7
date Sun, 2 Aug 1998 05:20:51 -0700 (PDT)
The Wanderes Vol. 7? Yeah it's great.  Probably my favorite vol. out
of the series.  Namely for reasons listed below.  Probably the
foremost reason I like it is because we get to see more character
development towards the end.  More, in fact, than the OAV.  In vol. 7
you have more key characters who bring their "cards" to the
table(that's all I'm going to say for those of you who haven't seen it).

As far as EH2 I think it's going to be great. I, however, am not to
fond of the character design...yet...we'll see it may grow on me.
As far as the earrings...who knows?

SPOILER WARNING: At the end of this message I'm going to write some
things that might be spoilers for some of you if you haven't seen the
series end please see it before reading this further.
<spoiler space>

OK... I have some thoughts on some of those particular questions.

--Where did Makoto go to?
Well we know that the window that opened was back to Japan on Earth.
In fact Rune makes a reference to the view of Mt. Fuji-san.  As far as
the time that has elapsed...??????  We can only assume that he went
back home and then attempted multiple times to return back to El Hazard.

--How did he get back?
I think the most logical explanation is that he returned the same way
he came...by invention.  The series end, however, leads you to believe
that it was a part of the holy contract.  Perhaps both.  I think we
all understand the logic behind the invention theory, but the fact
still remains that right when Makoto appeared the orb on the door to
the Stairway to the Sky lit up indicating it was ancient technology
that brought him back...as per the holy contract.
Also another series point which emphasizes the power of the contract
is the vision(memory) Rune has of her father speaking of the love
spawned between the two hearts.  Hmmmm... As for the truth...maybe
we'll find out when the second TV series gets here.(It's airing in
Japan:)

--WHAT"S THE DEAL WITH THE WINGS?
Maybe Makoto is a long lost member of the Dragon Clan;)

CT

---Nobuyuki <nobuyuki01@sprynet.com> wrote:

> Barbara Arnold wrote:
> >
> > EL-HAZARD TV1: THE WANDERERS VOL. 7 is here!!!
> > If you thought that there was no hope for this series then this is
the volume
> > for you!!!  Every flow created by the series is made right as the
series
> > Though not as climatic as the OAV this series was never one to go
for surprise
> > battles.  No this ending is a total compassion trip.
> > The best thing about Volume 7 is it is one continues story.  And
the 'final
> > battle' isn't even done until the first half of episode 26.  The
second half
> > is the bitter-sweet epilogue that ASKS MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS
THEM.

> > - What world did Makoto go to?
> > - How did he get back?
> > - WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE WINGS????
> >
> > Other than that the episodes are the best of the series.  In fact
this series
> > as a whole is one of the best on the market.  And doesn't drag on
and on like
> > Tenchi Universe does (but I have to thank it and Sailor Moon for
getting me
> > into anime).
> > What are your thoughts on this?
>

> I just got mine today, haven't watched yet. I got El Hazard 2
yesterday. tonight it's
> going to be a El hazard marathon! ^_^ I've aready watched part of EH
2. It looks good,
> interesting things are happening. But what's up with Makoto and
those earrings? Do you
> think maybe he's been wearing a dress too long?? ^_^;
>
> It is better to debate a question without setting it than to settle
a question without
> debating it. --Joseph Joubert

Search field Search string

archive list