Re: Death of the ML?

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from "Dr. Briefs" <brief@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Death of the ML?
date Thu, 02 Jul 1998 22:30:44 -0700
We've been led to believe that at 08:52 PM 7/2/98 -0400, Replicant wrote:
>I don't think that the ML is dead. I think it has to do with the fact that
it is a
>holiday week and quite a few people are on vacation. I also think that AX
has some
>to do with it as well. This is just my idea, but I hope it is true. I have a
>question on a Tenchi related note. In Tenchi 101 it says that Tenchi and the
>Jurians along with Mihoshi communicate with each other through the use of a
>language field that lets them communicate with each other via telepathy as
long as
>they were near each other. This sounds a bit out there for me, but I guess
it is
>the right answer. I had wondered myself how they communicated to each
other with
>the fact that they are from different planets and in reality probably
different
>galaxies. If you have any ideas of your own on how they communicate with each
>other I would like to hear them.

Well, the "language field" is just an easy way for the writers to explain
how it was possible for everyone to speak the same language.  As with most
simplified Sci-Fi stories, everyone speaks the same language for the
benefit of the audience, but because there will always be people who want
to get technical, they just put that in there to "ease their minds."

Since 101 *is* written by the creators of the series, I'm not going to
bother trying to come up with a different explanation.  It's just a story,
and somehow aliens and earthlings can communicate without any major
problems, it's not integral to the story, so any other attempted
explanation is moot.  Let's just leave it at that.

--
Glenn Wang <brief@ix.netcom.com>, http://www.netcom.com/~brief/
Friends Theme Pack - http://www.bayside.net/users/brief/friends/

Search field Search string