Re: Tenchi English voice dub

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kirati Laisathit <kirati@u.washington.edu>
subject Re: Tenchi English voice dub
date Thu, 15 Jun 1995 22:05:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 15 Jun 1995, Lanzer wrote:

> 	Flipping between the digital and analog channel, one can tell
> that Aeka and Washuu's voices sound like the Japanese ones at times, but
> in average it's just sad...

No way, ok... I'll take it back a bit. Aeka's voice sounds like the
Japanese one only in the most perverse sense. Most of the time, her voice
sound way too old for the character.

> 	Tsunami not only sounds very close to the Japanese voice, but
> she even sounds a little more mature in the English one.  Aside from
> Kagato, her voice definitely comes in second.  (so is it dubbed by
> Sasami's voice actress?)

I suspect that must be the case. Strangely enough, Tsunami's voice actor
was not listed in the ending credit, unless I missed something. Anyone
has a better idea?

Kirati

Search field Search string

archive list