Re: The Two Schools of Tenchi: Family vs. Ataru's Harem.

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: The Two Schools of Tenchi: Family vs. Ataru's Harem.
date Tue, 2 Jun 1998 17:07:09 +0200 (METDST)
On Sun, 31 May 1998, TenchiKen wrote:

> I think Washu has other things on her mind. (Anyone else wonder what exactly
> she is doing every single day in the lab?)

"You wouldn't understand if I told you and if you did, I'd have to kill
 you!" :)

> >That's not to say that she should try to make Tenchi do anything he
> >doesn't want to do, or that it's likely to get the results she wants.
> >Ryoko does need to learn to be less aggressive with him. And in TMME, she
> >does, at least as far as the romance department goes.
>
> No, she still is aggresive about Tenchi. Ask Mayuka ;-)

She is agressive against people whom she thinks are dangerous for Tenchi,
sure. But that's not what we were talking about, is it?

> >"I know everything. Everything about your feelings for Tenchi. 'I like
> >you. I love you. I've never felt like this before. I'd go anywhere with
> >you.' Your future with Tenchi was going to..." (At which point, Mihoshi
> >interrupts).
> >No lust evident here at all. Instead, Ryoko's "future with Tenchi."
>
> Ummm... Rewatch that scene. Watch Washu's face. I think this
> is a scene where the translation lacks. Washu is very clearly
> blushing about what exactly the future would be. (Even more to
> the point, watch the Nexus Subs....)

Is there ANYONE on this ML who could have a go at the Japanese version?

> >Yes, Sasami does fit your view. She looks at Tenchi and the girls as her
> >brothers and sisters. and addresses them as such: Tenchi-niichan, Ryoko-
> >neechan, Mihoshi-neechan, and (of course) oneesama for Aeka, her actual
> >sister. (I didn't notice what she calls Kiyone, however).
>

> Also ni-chan.

Huh? She calls Kiyone "big BROTHER"???

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string

archive list