Re: TMiL and old news

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from AkodoX@aol.com
subject Re: TMiL and old news
date Mon, 1 Jun 1998 16:37:32 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-01 14:52:09 EDT, arromdee@inetnow.net wrote:

>It doesn't make any sense to have something which is in 1970 yesterday and
>in 1980 today.  Something's in 1980 when it's in 1980; there's no difference
>between being in 1980 now, and being in 1980, period.  (What happens if I
>travel back to yesterday, does the wave move back from 1980 to 1970 again?)

I think the ML already had a somewhat big discussion on this matter a few
weeks ago. Personally, I think time travel is so wrought with paradoxes and
conceptual cul-de-sacs that it's hard to argue about. Time travel in TMiL was
merely a hook to justify the inclusion of a more prominent role for Achika in
the Tenchi universe. Let's not get into a huge debate over conceptual ideas
that might not even be plausible and get back to discussing about the real
topic at hand: Tenchi.

Akodo X, Lion Clan Biohazard
"The greatest truth that I can tell you is that everything I have said is a
lie."
Official #WASHU# guinea pig and proud of it.
Die-hard defender of the Ryoko Forever Fan Club.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs