Re: Yet more Tenchi the Movie 2 Comments

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Animantoric <animantoric@geocities.com>
subject Re: Yet more Tenchi the Movie 2 Comments
date Thu, 30 Apr 1998 18:41:10
At 03:30 PM 4/30/98 -0700, you wrote:
>The one thing that we all must remmeber when discussing TMME is that it is
>not entirely based on the OAV series.  It seems like it is either TV1 or
>TV2 with some OAV elements added.  It also doesn't make some things clear:

Says who?

>1) Does Ryouko have gems at all?  We never get a clear shot of her wrists,
>so we can't be sure.  Her comment that "she's drained of power" seems to
>mean that she is exhausted.  This does not fit with the OAV Ryouko.  She
>has unlimited power from the gems.  I also doubt that the "dark" dimension
>is sucking up her powers.

She is after all only channeling the gems energy so she would get tired
after channeling a lot for a long while.  Also, Washu said she wasn't quite
able to handle the power of the gems yet...this is all OAV of course.

>2) While tenchi is wearing his OAV battle outfit, the main theme in the
>OAV is that the power is HIS own and not that of a tree's.  Why does he
>need the branch?  "I have relied on this too much."  Plus, where's
>tenchi-ken?

No need for Tenchi-ken when we have Kyuouken(sp?)...

>3) No Ryo-oh-ki transformation.  Is she a spaceship or a giant mecha?
>
>We just have to remember that this movie is a mix of several continuities
>and thus we can not make any assumptions that are specific to one
>continuity.

She's just a lovely adorable spaceship/cabbit...the mecha is Shin Tenchi..

>Personally, I didn't like how wimpy Ryouko and Tenchi were portrayed.
>Like I said, if it was 100% OAV, Tenchi would have toasted Yuzuha in an
>instant (Out of his control of course).

Well, Tenchi is wimpy until he is near death, when his Kyuouken kick in and
save the day.

>Rockman Leung
>Member of the Ryoko Forever Fan Club!
>Member of the #SAS#: Sasami Appreciation Society - The future goddess!
>Member of the #SkAS#: Skuld Appreciation Society - The goddess of debuggers!
>Urd - Belldandy - Skuld - Sasami - Aeka - Ryoko - Mihoshi - Washu - Kiyone
>Tsunami - Achika - Haneda Miyuki - Mitaka Arisa - Shera Shera - Nuku Nuku
>Katsuragi Misato - Akagi Ritsuko - Ayanami Rei - Sohryu Asuka Langley
>Kobayakawa Miyuki - Tsujimoto Natsumi - Aoi Karin - Lina Inverse
>Kato Noriko - Henmi Emiri - Amuro Namie - Iijima Naoko - Orikasa Ai
>Hayashibara Megumi - Mitsuishi Kotono - Inoue Kikuko - Hisakawa Aya
The Animantoric...
	Anime crazy!
		Tenchi Muyo!
			Long live Ryoko!