Re: Yet more Tenchi the Movie 2 Comments

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Animantoric <animantoric@geocities.com>
subject Re: Yet more Tenchi the Movie 2 Comments
date Thu, 30 Apr 1998 18:32:26
At 02:00 PM 4/30/98 -0700, you wrote:
>On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Happosai wrote:
>
>> It looked like Yazuha was able to blast Aeka before Aeka managed to
create her
>> forcefield. I didn't see any of the little floating logs.

I thought it looked more like she was preparing to attack...

>Aeka doesn't need the logs to generate her forcefield, at least not as I
>see it. She has her own shield. The logs _can_ generate a forcefield, but
>that isn't her shield. Can anyone verify this? :)

Yes.  In episode 12 I think (end of Clay), Ayeka puts up her forcefield to
protect Tenchi and Mihoshi from the growing black hole...This might not be
kosher 'cause she was also in her battle uniform then, but that prolly
doesn't matter.

>> Also, if the dark dimension (or whatever it's called) has an adverse
affect on Tenchi's
>> ability to generate lighthawk wings, and since the power of the gems is
compatible to
>> some degree with that of the Juraian trees, perhaps the dimension has a
similar but
>> less-drastic effect on the gems.
>
>Actually, a similar affect applied while on the Souja, in the OAV series
>with Kagato. He had a dampening field setup which reduced Aeka's attacks,
>drained Ryouko of her power and life force, and drained the energy from
>the Master Key.

Well, according to the dub, Souja absorbs all energy directed against it
and well, that was Kagato's shadow they were fighting in the
beginning...The draining was that extra thingy that popped outta the attack
"module" under the Souja's main body.  These little thingies came outta
both sides of the module and energy started collectin' in front...He just
channels the energy with Souja's help I think...

>My guess is that the dark dimension has a negative energy effect on things
>in general, but more so in respects to the light/dark relationship.
>Whereas Ryouko's energy isn't really "light", it is energy which isn't of
>the dark dimension, but is still affected. I would assume functions such
>as healing, telepathy, and just living would be hindered in the dark
>dimension. Much like how over time, one is weakened in a nightmare. :)
>
>Man... the Dark Dimension seems reminiscent of Sailor Moon... :)

Queen Beryl to the rescue?

>Wing.
The Animantoric...
	Anime crazy!