Re: MNE(US) sub/dub xlations

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: MNE(US) sub/dub xlations
date Fri, 3 Apr 1998 11:18:04 +0200 (METDST)
On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, TenchiKen wrote:

> Actually, I got to watch the sub, and compared
> it two what I heard about the dub. They don't match.
> In fact, I sat down w/ a japanese friend and watched it
> and both agreed that the sub was _insanly_ accurate,
> to the point that it didn't allways make sense in English.

Well, that's a matter of taste then. Some people would say that's
a good thing, and many would disagree.

I've rewatched a bit of El Hazard recently, and I noticed a few places
where the dub changed the dialoge. And in all of these instances,
it was a definite improvement...

> Also, the fans who have seen the dub seem to be saying that
> it has a huge Ryouko bias, while seeing the sub, I see no such
> thing.

<g> Somehow that doesn't surprise me...

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string

archive list