Re: AIC/Pioneers rules

to "K'thardin" <nolendr@boxer.navy.mil>
cc tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: AIC/Pioneers rules
date Thu, 2 Apr 1998 17:13:13 +0200 (METDST)
On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, K'thardin wrote:

> Is it my imagination or is AIC killing every mpeg, jpeg, etc. that
> pertains to their animation on the web (except their own)?
>
> What's up with that?  You'd think they'd be grateful that people are
> so enamored of their series that they'd welcome stuff like that.

AIC has probably the most lenient rules about using their material
among all the anime studios out there.

For example, Gainax doesn't allow the use of ANYTHING except a very small
selection (about 30 or 50) of images.

AIC only forbids high-quality music samples and movies. Actually, they
even offer most of these on their own webpage instead.

> It is their stuff so I won't knock what they're doing too much.
> I will say this; they can go to hell if they try taking away
> fanfiction.  There is no way they're getting that.

No. That'd be very stupid indeed. I haven't heard of any studio taking
any form of action against fanfictions.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string

archive list