Re: MNE(US) sub/dub xlations

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: MNE(US) sub/dub xlations
date Thu, 2 Apr 1998 16:19:17 +0200 (METDST)
On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Andy Sze (Rambling Baka/FOBio) wrote:

> I found numerous parts where the sub and dub were vastly different.
>
> hmm... I wonder if hte OVA's ahv such different sub and dubs... but I like
> the dub VA so much in the OVA I never bothter to watch the sub.

You bet!

The original dialogue (and the sub) of the "sample extraction scene" in
OVA 7 was something like this:

"Do you want me to extract the sample with my hands or my breasts?"

"NO!"

"Then I'll have to use my mouth..."

"NO! NO!"

"Ok, then... You wanted it: full intercourse!"

"ARGH!"

IMO the dub's a definite improvement here, way more funny.

For an opposite example, look at OVA 4 in the onsen when Tenchi
nosebleeds (Sasami talking).

Original:              "Tenchi-niichan ecchi!"

Dub:                   "You're a naughty boy!"

Sub (VERY inaccurate): "Oh you!"

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string

archive list