Re: Ummies... TMiL?

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: Ummies... TMiL?
date Mon, 2 Mar 1998 16:42:44 +0100 (MET)
On Mon, 2 Mar 1998 arromdee@inetnow.net wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Brazil wrote:
> > And since  Kiyone is there, Manatsu
> > no Eve isn't really a part of the OAV storyline until they've explained
> > her presence.
>
> Kiyone does appear in the Mihoshi special, and has to exist because
> 1) Mihoshi was using real people for her story,

Real people like Pretty Sammy? Actually, if anything this is proof that
Kiyone is NOT in the OAV continuity. Mihoshi changes everything, so
why should Kiyone be the only thing where we have to take her story
at face value?

> and 2) Kiyone shouts at Mihoshi at a
> scene at the end which is not part of Mihoshi's story.  It's certainly

Many scenes differed from what Mihoshi was actually telling, this is
simply a continuation of the trend.

Seriously, the Mihoshi Special is just way too warped to be used as base
for ANYTHING.

> _possible_ for Kiyone to appear in an OAV-based story, even though they didn't
> show how she got to Earth or met anyone.

Only if they eventually get back to explaining it. One theory is that
MNE plays after an upcoming 3rd OVA series (or a part thereof).

> There were some oddities, though:

> -- Washuu never refers to Ryouko as her daughter.  There are also no
> references to Aeka or Ryouko being 700 years old.

However, the promotion booklet for the movie gives their relationship
as "mother-daughter".

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string

archive list